Tasnim Mir was honoured with the Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar West Sports conclave in Ahmedabad on Saturday. Tasnim’s father, Irfan, received the award on her behalf. Pradip Parmar, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat, presented the award.
Hailing from Mehsana, Gujarat, Tasnim Mir became the first Under-19 Indian Badminton player to be ranked World No1 in Junior rankings earlier this year.
She won the national junior champion (U-19) at the age of 14 and also claimed the national crown in the under-13, under-15 and under-19 girls’ singles categories.
Tasnim also won U-15 singles and doubles titles at the All-India Sub-Junior ranking tournaments in Hyderabad and Nagpur in 2018.
At the 2019 World Junior Championships in Russia, she could not go past the round of 32 but returned to win the title at the Asian U-17 & U-15 Junior Championships the same year in Indonesia.
She had also emerged victorious at the President Cup Nepal Junior International Series 2020 in Kathmandu.
The Conclave was held in association with Hero We Care, a Hero Motocorp CSR Initiative, K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management, Indian Oil, Shiv Naresh, Stag International, SBI and LIC.
- NZ vs SL Live Streaming Info, ICC World Cup 2023: When and where to watch New Zealand vs Sri Lanka CWC match today?
- NZ vs SL Dream11 Prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka predicted XI, fantasy team, squads
- Saka stars as Arsenal beats Sevilla 2-0 in Champions League; PSV edges Lens
- Real Madrid eases past Braga, qualifies for Champions League knockouts; Union ends losing streak
- Late Harry Kane double-goal sends Bayern Munich past Galatasaray and into the Champions League Round of 16