At a time when the Windies is busy playing an ODI series in India, one of its star player, Chris Gayle is in the city to play Poker!
Gayle — who had ‘declined selection’ for the ODI series against India and chose to feature in the Afghanistan Premier League — had a ‘Poker Night’ on Wednesday, where he looked excited to play the game.
Being the brand ambassador of adda52.com, an online poker platform — Gayle remembered how he would play poker with his team-mates at Kolkata Knight Riders in the inaugural edition of the Indian Premier League in 2008. “We used to be in Calcutta and would play poker (with team-mates). There was Ashok Dinda, who would play along,” Gayle said.
While happily posing for a few pictures and selfies, Gayle chose to skip questions on cricket.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer