Mana Patel, who broke her own national record in the qualifying round, won the gold medal in 100m backstroke in the 69th Senior National Aquatic Championship which started here today .
Mana clocked 1:05:41 in qualifying round to better her earlier national record of 1:05:47 before bagging the gold in the finals.
Meanwhile, Sajan Prakash won the gold medal in men’s 400m freestyle competition.
Over 700 swimmers from across the country are taking part in championship organised jointly by the Swimming Federation of India (SFI) and Gujrat State Aquatic Association (GSAA).
The five-day long championship was inaugurated by former Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, who is also the president of SFI.
- Frustrated Chelsea fans turn on Pochettino and owners
- Leicester stunned as Ipswich close gap in promotion race
- Premier League 2023-24: Darwin Nunez stoppage time winner helps Liverpool edge Forest, extend lead over City in table
- Santosh Trophy: Mizoram seals remaining quarterfinal spot, defending champion Karnataka knocked out
- Football law changes: Sin bin trials to continue, permanent concussion substitutes approved