Rafael Nadal beat Richard Gasquet 6-4, 7-6 (9-7) to reach his first career final at the Swiss Indoors on Saturday and knock the Frenchman out of the race for the World Tour Finals.
The win by the Spanish third seed also settled the field for the eight-man season wrap-up in London from November 15, with Japan's Kei Nishikori and David Ferrer of Spain taking the last two spots.
Nadal will play either Roger Federer or American outsider Jack Sock in Sunday's final in Basel.
Top seed Federer is bidding for a seventh title at his hometown event.
Federer, Nadal, world number one Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka and Tomas Berdych make up the World Tour Finals field.
"I am very excited to qualify for London for the second year in a row," Nishikori wrote on Facebook.
"It's always a big goal at the beginning of the year to make it to London so I am proud of the year I am having so far.
"Last year there were was a lot of support and I am really looking forward to coming back to the O2 Arena."
- Ashwin always trying to find ways to get you out: Joe Root
- Ranji Trophy Highlights, Day 3 Semifinal 2024: Mumbai beats Tamil Nadu; Rathod, Wadkar put Vidarbha ahead of MP by 261 runs
- Indian men and women Table Tennis teams qualify for Paris 2024 Olympics
- Foden is best player in Premier League, says Guardiola
- Rublev retains ranking points and prize money after Dubai default appeal