Prajnesh Gunneswaran made the semifinals of the $100,000 Challenger tennis tournament in the US with a 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 victory over Frank Dancevic of Canada.
In the semifinals, the 27-year-old Prajnesh, ranked 242nd in the world, is scheduled to face eighth seed Cameron Norrie of Britain.
In the ATP Tour event in Chengdu, Divij Sharan and Yen-Hsun Lu of Chinese Taipei was beaten in the doubles semifinals by Marcus Daniell of New Zelanad and Marcelo Demoliner of Brazil 6-3, 6-3. The semifinal appearance fetched 90 ATP points and $15,880 for the Indo-Taipei pair.
In the ITF women’s event in the US, Karman Kaur Thandi was beaten by Marie Bouzkova of the Czech Republic in the quarterfinals. Karman failed to win a game against the Czech.
Kanika Vaidya did very well to make the singles semifinals and doubles final in the ITF women's event in Egypt.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis