Prarthana Thombare in partnership with Jacqueline Cako of the US was beaten 6-4, 6-4 by the Russian pair of Natela Dzalamidze and Veronika Kudermetova in the doubles quarterfinals of the $750,000 WTA tennis tournament in China on Thursday.
Prarthana and partner collected 60 WTA points and $3,852.
Federer delivers another hard-fought win in Shanghai
The Russian pair had earlier beaten alternate entrants, Ankita Raina and Emily Webley-Smith, who came in place of the second seeds Gabreila Dabrowski and Xu Yifan, 10-5 in the super tie-break.
In the ITF women’s event in Nigeria, sixth seed Pranjala Yadlapalli dismissed second seed Deniz Khazanium of Israel 6-3, 6-4 to make the semifinals. She was joined by Riya Bhatia who put out fifth seed Nastja Kolar of Slovenia with equal ease.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis