Reigning Olympic beach volleyball champion April Ross is pregnant
The gold, silver and bronze medalist announced on Instagram on Monday that she is expecting a baby in October with her husband, Arizona State beach volleyball coach Brad Keenan.
Also Read | Terry McDermott, Olympic speedskating gold medallist in 1964, dies at 82
“Been working on this project for a little while now,” Ross wrote next to pictures of her and Keenan holding a strip of ultrasound images. “So happy to announce we’re adding to our family!!”
Ross won the gold medal in Tokyo with Alix Klineman, who is also expecting a baby. Ross, who won a silver medal in London with Jen Kessy and bronze in Rio de Janeiro with Kerri Walsh Jennings, has been coaching and has not played in about a year.
Latest on Sportstar
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years
- Fan arrested for ‘97’ slogan on shirt
- Ten Hag’s United “broken” after FA Cup final loss to Manchester City