Indian Greco Roman wrestlers, Sachin Sahrawat and Harpreet Singh, landed two more bronze medals to take the overall tally to five in the Asian wrestling championships in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, on Wednesday.
REPORT - DAY ONE
Sachin, who lost to eventual champion Meiirzhan Shermakhanbet of Kazakhstan ‘by fall’ in the quarterfinals, pinned Uzbek Mahmud Bakhshilloev for a 7-3 win in a 67kg bronze medal match. Harpreet began well to record a come-from-behind 4-2 win over Sejin Yang of South Korea, but went down against Iranian Rasoul Garmsiri, who registered a 5-0 victory ‘by fall’, in the 82kg semifinals.
Harpreet took his fourth bronze medal, and fifth overall, as his Qatari opponent Jafar Khan gave a walkover due to an injury.
Gyanender was outclassed 11-0 by Japanese Ayata Suzuki in a 60kg bronze medal match.
Vikas (72kg) and Ravi (97kg) lost their first bouts and crashed out of the medal race.
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr LIVE Streaming info, Saudi Pro League: When, where to watch Cristiano Ronaldo, preview, prediction
- India vs Australia Live Streaming Info: When and where to watch IND vs AUS 4th T20I Live? All you need to know
- “Wherever you play, they prepare pitches according to the home team’s strength,” says former curator of Narendra Modi Stadium
- Dominica withdraws its bid to co-host the T20 World Cup 2024
- PKL: Which defender the most tackle points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?