The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on Monday, declared the Wrestling Federation of India election to be conducted on May 7 as “null and void”.
MYAS has written a letter to the Indian Olympic Association requesting “a transitory or Ad-Hoc committee of the IOA to be formed to hold WFI elections within 45 days of the formation of the committee.”
The letter also mentioned the findings of the Oversight Committee (OC) formed after allegations of sexual harassment, financial mismanagement and arbitrariness in the federation.
OC findings have revealed that there was no proper Internal Complaints Committee of the WFI and that there was no adequate mechanism for grievance redressal, need for transparency, effective communication and consultation between WFI and the sportspersons.
In response to the letter, PT Usha, the President of IOA, tweeted, “In light of the letter received from GoI-MYAS, IOA undertakes the urgency of the matter. Our scheduled EC meet on 27 April will discuss & provide actionable solutions to the current impasse in WFI. IOA is committed to the betterment of our sportspersons & its sporting ecosystem.”
- EURO 2024 qualifiers points table LIVE: England, Italy in action, Ronaldo helps Portugal top Group J
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table LIVE: AFC standings after India vs Kuwait, Pakistan bottom of Group G
- World Cup 2023 Final: Pitch in focus as Rohit and Co. gear up for summit clash against Australia
- ODI World Cup 2023: Rescue-man Miller pulls South Africa out of the rubble against Australia
- AUS vs SA, World Cup 2023: PowerPlay performance separated us, says South Africa coach Walter after semifinal loss