Commonwealth Games champion Naveen Malik remained in the race for a bronze medal in the men’s freestyle 70kg category of the World wrestling championships in Belgrade on Thursday.
Naveen, who won his maiden Commonwealth Games title in 74kg in Birmingham last month, lost to Asian champion Taishi Narikuni of Japan 6-1 in a 70kg first-round bout.
Naveen entered the repechage round when the Japanese reached the final.
Deepak (79kg) beat Israel's Dan Tsesarsky 10-0 but lost to Uzbek Bekzod Abdurakhmonov 13-2. Sanjeet Kundu (86kg) was beaten by Georgia's Tarzan Maisuradze 4-4 on criteria.
Dinesh (125kg) defeated Argentina's Catriel Puriel 11-4 before being pinned by Olympic silver medallist Georgian Geno Petriashvili.
Nisha Dahiya (women’s 68kg) was pinned by Commonwealth Games silver medallist Canadian Linda Morais, a former World champion in 59kg, after leading 4-0 at one.
- India vs New Zealand Live Score, World Cup 2023: NZ 218/4 (39.5); Kuldeep removes Latham as Mitchell nears hundred
- Ronaldo to Haaland: Who has scored the highest number of goals in 2023?
- IND vs NZ: ICC World Cup 2023: Dharamsala outfield continues to pose problems as Rohit suffers injury scare
- Bundesliga top-scorer Serhou Guirassy out several weeks for Stuttgart with left hamstring injury
- Podcast - Cricket at the LA Olympics, what happens next? The full lowdown from the IOC session in Mumbai