Playing billiards is like a ritual to me. For some people, the day begins with prayers or Sandhyavandana . For me, the day begins with billiards. It is a lifestyle. My day is incomplete without a few frames.
When I enter the billiards hall, it is like practising deep meditation. I forget all my stresses and worries. On the table, I am obviously not the player I was in my prime, but the love and passion for the game keeps me coming back to the green baize.
Sportstar used a wonderful photo of mine after I won the world title in 1990. It is the best photograph that has ever been taken of me. In those days, it was very rare to see such a high-quality, high-definition photo appear in newspapers or magazines. Many of my family and friends bought that issue of Sportstar, cut out my photo and framed it. I did so too. That frame still hangs proudly in our homes.
(As told to Ashwin Achal)
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Haryana beats Karnataka by five wickets, seals knockouts berth
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 6: MP 143/6 vs TN; Mumbai in trouble vs Tripura; Haryana beats Karnataka
- WI vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, 1st ODI: West Indies vs England predicted XI, fantasy tips, squads
- WI vs ENG Live Streaming Info, 1st ODI: When and where to watch England tour of West Indies 2023-24?
- NBA roundup: Clippers stuns Warriors after trailing by 22