Indian compound archers gathered two medals in women's and mixed team events of the archery World Cup Stage IV here on Saturday.
The trio of V. Jyothi Surekha, Trisha Deb and Muskan Kirar settled for women's team silver medal after losing to the French archers. The fifth ranked Indian side lost 228-229 to the 11th ranked France primarily due to the third round's first shot, which fetched only a six.
India had beaten England, USA and Turkey to reach the title clash. In the mixed team event, the Indian team, comprising Abhishek Verma and Jyothi Surekha, defeated Turkey 156-153 to take the bronze medal.
- Afghanistan to send 17 female athletes to Asian Games 2023
- Lyles, Richardson confirmed for 100m at Diamond League Final
- US Open 2023: Unseeded Shelton beats Tiafoe to reach semifinals
- Saka voted England’s player of the year again
- Bolivian tournaments cancelled over alleged match-fixing