The Army has lauded its rowers who bagged three medals at the ongoing Asian Games in Indonesia.
The rowers arrived at the international airport here in the wee hours of Sunday and were accorded a warm welcome by the Army personnel.
Read: Indian rowers sing redemption song with three medals
The players later left for Pune, where they are being trained at the Army Rowing Node located in the College of Military Engineering, an official said.
The Army oarsmen bagged one gold and two bronze medals at the Asian Games.
The gold medal winning quartet included Subedar Sawarn Singh (Olympian - London Olympics 2012), Havildar Bhokanal Dattu (Olympian - Rio Olympics 2016), Havildar Om Prakash and Sapper Sukhmeet Singh, who won the Quadruple Sculls event.
Naib Subedar Dushyant Chauhan won bronze in the Lightweight Men’s Single Sculls event, while Sapper Bhagwan Singh and Sapper Rohit Kumar won bronze in the Lightweight Men’s Double Sculls event.
Latest on Sportstar
- Watch, WTC final 2023, India vs Australia: Key match-ups, player spotlight
- Europa Conference final is real deal for West Ham and Fiorentina
- WTC final: Got a lot of insights from MSD on keeping, says KS Bharat
- Weeks before India vs Pakistan, PAK team stuck without clearance for SAFF Championship 2023
- Chelsea reaches agreement to sign Ecuadorean youngster Paez