The Indian 10m air rifle mixed team, comprising Divyansh Singh Panwar and Ramita, lost out on the chance to climb the podium by the barest of margins, crashing out with an 18-20 scoreline from the bronze medal contest.
During the competition, India raced off to an early lead, registering higher scores in the first four series. With the score at 8-0, Korea opened its account as Park Hajun registered a 10.9.
The sides drew the following series, and from when the scoreline read 9-3 in India’s favour, Korea seemed to have received a new life as it pulled level.
India extended its lead until it was a solitary point away from victory at 15-11 (Korea: 20.7, India: 21.2). However, the game was far from over.
Korea claimed the next two series before levelling the scores at 16-16 with shots worth 21.0 apiece.
With the games moving into the deciders, it finally took three more series and a coaches’ timeout to arrive at a result.
- Senior Men’s Hockey National Championship: Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha emerge victorious on Day 5
- India vs Qatar LIVE score, IND 0-1 QAT, FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier: Match kicks-off, Meshaal scores opening goal
- IND vs AUS Final Toss Update, World Cup 2023: Australia wins toss, elects to bowl
- After India’s heartbreak in the cricket World Cup, fans look for hope in Indian football against Qatar
- Brazil vs Argentina Dream 11 Prediction, 2026 FIFA CONMEBOL Qualifiers: BRA v ARG predicted XI, fantasy team, team news