Sift Kaur Samra and Ashi Chouksey secured gold and bronze respectively in the women’s 50m rifle 3-position individual event at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou, China on Wednesday.
Zhang Qiongyue of China won the silver medal ahead of Chouksey after the Indian shot a 8.9 in her final shot to drop down below the Chinese shooter.
Samra won gold with a world record score of 469.6 ahead of Zhang who scored 462.3. Chouksey finished third with a score of 451.9.
Earlier in the day, Samra and Chouksey along with Manini Kaushik won silver medal in the women’s 50m rifle 3 Positions team event.
India had a total score of 1764, nine behind China who took the gold. Republic of Korea clinched bronze with 1756.
Samra set a new National Record of 594 and finished second to progress to the individual final. China’s Xia Siyu, who had the same score as the Indian, topped the qualification round due to more inner 10s.
Chouksey too made it to the individual final in sixth spot with a total of 590. Kaushik finished 18th with 580.
India has 20 medals at the ongoing Asiad at the time of writing.
- Pakistan aims to sharpen pace and spin ahead of South African challenge in Chennai
- Australia vs Netherlands Highlights, World Cup 2023: Warner, Maxwell hit centuries; Zampa picks four as AUS wins by 309 runs
- Europa League 2023-24: Polish champions lay on cheap trains for fans ahead of ‘home’ match against Sporting CP
- Bosnia FA sanctioned by UEFA over crowd trouble
- World Cup 2023: England, Sri Lanka aim to keep semifinal hopes alive in Chinnaswamy showdown