Rugby sevens will be contested at the Asian Games 2023 from September 24 to 26 at the Hangzhou Normal University Cangqian Athletics Field.
As the name suggests, rugby sevens features seven players in each team. The match is divided into two halves, each half lasting for 7 minutes, and the intermission does not exceed 2 minutes.
The action moves in rugby include scrum where opposing players push against each other for possession, and the lineout where players from opposing teams line up parallel to each other arranged perpendicular to the sideline in an attempt to catch the ball.
Rugby was first incorporated into the Asian Games in 1998. India will compete at the women’s event in rugby sevens.
(All times are in Chinese Standard Time)
- Ben Stokes undergoes knee surgery ahead of India tour
- France 2030, Salt Lake City 2034 picked as preferred winter Olympics bids by IOC
- VIDEO: Tushar Shelke wins National Archery men’s title, hopes for Olympic glory
- ISL 2023-24 Stats: Diamantakos storms into Golden Boot race, Luna tops assists’ list
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 1st T20: Kashvee, Shreyanka prove their mettle as India pips England by three runs