India’s Lovlina Borgohain defeated Suyeon Seong of South Korea 5:0 in the Women’s 75kg Boxing Quarterfinal to book a place in the semifinals of the Women’s 75kg event, assuring India of a medal.
Preeti Pawar of India beat Zhaina Shekerbekova of Kazakhstan 4:1 on points to seal a berth in the semifinals of the Women’s Boxing 54kg.
The 19-year-old is now assured of a medal and also a quota for Paris 2024.
This is India’s second Olympic quota in boxing as Nikhat Zareen won a Paris 2024 Quota herself yesterday.
Narender (+92kg) came back after losing the first round to clinch a 5-0 win in the quarterfinals against Iran’s Iman Ramezanpourdelavar to seal India’s fourth boxing medal in the 2023 Asian Games.
- IND vs ENG head-to-head record in ODIs, ICC World Cup 2023: India vs England stats, most runs, wickets
- IND vs ENG head-to-head record in ODI World Cup: India vs England WC results, batting and bowling records
- ISL 2023-24: Chennaiyin hopes to break duck at home against newly-promoted Punjab
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Ancelotti praises ‘stupendous’ Bellingham after El Clasico double
- Neuer ‘happiest ever’ after strong Bundesliga comeback for Bayern