India clinched yet another gold at the ongoing Asian Games after its men’s kabaddi team defeated Iran 33-29 in the final in Hangzhou on Saturday.
India went into the half-time with the scoreline tilted 17-13 in its favour.
Earlier, the women’s kabaddi team helped India reach the magical figure of 100 medals, after it defeated Chinese Taipei 26-25 in a thrilling final to clinch gold. India, the 2010 and 2014 champion, reclaimed the gold medal after a shock defeat against Iran in the 2018 final.
The medal takes India’s tally to 103 - 28 gold, 35 silver and 40 bronze - and the nation will stay fourth in the overall medal standings.
- Australia vs Afghanistan Live Score, ODI World Cup 2023: AUS vs AFG preview, predicted XI; Toss at 1:30 PM
- Rachin Ravindra returns to New Zealand Test squad for Bangladesh series
- Shakib on Mathews’ timed out dismissal controversy: Umpire asked me if I was serious
- BCCI felicitates Test captains before start of 500th Test
- BAN vs SL, ICC World Cup: Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka to keep Champions Trophy hopes alive