JSW Sports on Friday announced that it has signed Commonwealth and Asian Games gold medalist Bajrang Punia.
"Bajrang Punia will be supported by a dedicated team of experts as he prepares for upcoming competitions - beginning with the World Championships in Budapest in October," JSW Sports said in a statement.
Commenting on the announcement, its CEO Mustafa Ghouse said in the release, "Having won both Commonwealth and Asian Games Golds this year, Bajrang is arguably India’s foremost male freestyle wrestler and we could not be happier to have him come back to the JSW Sports fold."
"We have a dedicated team of experts with him and are committed to ensure he stays fit and competition ready leading into the Tokyo Olympics. He will also be training at the Inspire Institute of Sport (IIS), our high-performance centre in Vijayanagar, which would be a huge benefit for all young wrestlers training there."
Apart from training exposure, Bajrang will also be supported by JSW Sports’ Athlete Management team, that will help him commercialise his success across the Indian market.
ALSO READ | Sreeshankar shatters national record
Bajrang joins a list of Indian athletes which includes CWG and Asian Games javelin throw gold medalist Neeraj Chopra, Olympic wrestling medalist Sakshi Malik, former boxing Junior World Champion Nikhat Zareen and the newest long jump national record holder M. Sreeshankar.
- F1 could handle more than 24 races, says ex-boss Szafnauer
- WPL 2024: How a mother’s ambition for her daughter sparked a cricketing revolution in Sajana and Minnu Mani’s Wayanad
- Australia looks to cap stellar season with victory in New Zealand
- Liverpool’s injury list worsens after Ryan Gravenberch is ruled out
- Morales Williams 400m indoor record won’t count: officials