The first National Under-23 Championships will not be held at the Nehru Stadium in Chennai, C. Latha, secretary of Tamil Nadu Athletics Association, told Sportstar on Saturday. The event was scheduled to be held from September 27 to 29.
"Since we are running against time and not getting any confirmation from Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu or the State Government on the go-ahead to organise the event, we recently told SDAT that it would not be possible to hold the tournament. We have informed the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) as well," she said.
AFI has asked other states if they are interested in hosting the u-23 Nationals.
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Score, WPL 2024: Shafali, Lanning fifties help DC to nine-wicket win over UPW
- Medvedev says Australian Open final loss against Sinner ‘easy’ to get over
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 HIGHLIGHTS: Haryana Steelers beats Gujarat Giants 42-25 in Eliminator 2; Patna Pirates enters semifinal with 37-35 win over Dabang Delhi
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26