Former Kerala champion Omkar Nath, a national-level sprinter and 110m hurdler, died in a bike accident at Punalur in Kollam District late on Wednesday night. He was 25.
Omkar, who hailed from Punalur, had won the 100m bronze at the 2020 National varsities meet and had picked up medals at the National schools and Kerala State meets earlier. He was a havildar with the Kerala Police in Thiruvananthapuram.
“He had a very helpful nature, he often went out of his way to help his friends,” said P.P. Paul, who had coached Omkar for four years at the Mar Athanasius College, Kothamangalam.
- WPL 2024 MI vs DC Live Score: Alice Capsey scores fluent fifty
- Premier League 2023-24: De Bruyne expected to play at Bournemouth as City looks to keep pressure on Liverpool
- Man United’s Hojlund to miss two to three weeks with injury
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: ‘Job far from done,’ says Musheer Khan after his maiden First-Class century against Baroda
- Football games involving Valencia, Levante postponed after deadly fire in eastern Spain