The Western Railway (WR) is proud of the achievement of its employee Neena Varakil, who won the silver medal in the women’s long jump event at the ongoing Asian Games in Indonesia.
Varakil, employed as a ticket checker (TC) in the Rajkot division of the WR, came second in the women’s long jump event held at the Asian Games in Jakarta yesterday.
She joined the Railways on February 17, 2012, an official said.
“Neena has made the country as well the Rajkot division proud by winning the silver medal in the Asian Games,” P B Ninawe, Division Railway Manager (DRM) of the Rajkot division, said today.
“Neena is a very talented athlete and she has won medals at the national and international events. She won a gold and two silver medals in the Asian Grand Prix Athlete Meet held in China last year,” Ninawe said.
Varakil’s best jump of 6.51m helped her fetch silver.
Vietnam girl Thi Thu Thao Bui won the gold with best jump of 6.55, while bronze went to China’s Xiaoling Xu whose best attempt was 6.50.
- New Zealand vs South Africa LIVE Streaming info, World Cup 2023 warm-ups: When and where to watch NZ vs SA practice match today?
- Mohun Bagan vs Maziya LIVE streaming info, AFC Cup 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: India wins 2 bronze in speed skating 3000m relay; Vithya Ramraj equals PT Usha’s national record in 400m hurdles heat
- Athletics LIVE updates, Asian Games 2023: Tejaswin in action in shot put next; Palaksha, Santhosh into men’s 400m hurdles final; Hangzhou 2022 streaming info
- Asian Games 2023: India wins bronze in men’s, women’s 3000m speed skating relay race