Unseeded Mischa Zverev beat Kei Nishikori 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 to advance to the Geneva Open final on Friday.
The second-seeded Nishikori saved two match points trailing 5—2 on his own serve, but the 33rd-ranked German quickly won his next service game and clinched with a backhand volley winner.
Zverev seeks his first singles title at age 29. The final on Saturday will be only the second of his career. The Russian-born left-hander was runner-up at Metz, France, in September 2010.
Zverev came through qualifying last weekend, and awaits defending champion Stan Wawrinka or unseeded Russian Andrey Kuznetsov.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: Root century helps ENG reach 302/7 at end of day 1
- Inter Miami completes signing of midfielder Federico Redondo
- Barcelona has not given up hope of winning successive LaLiga titles, says coach Xavi
- Asian Cup-winning coach Lopez handed Qatar contract until 2026
- Leverkusen beats Mainz 2-1 to widen gap at top and set unbeaten record