- August 26, 2023 22:14A bronze medal for HS Prannoy
It was not to be for Prannoy. Still, he gets his maiden medal at the Worlds. For Vitidsarn, it will be back to back finals. Perhaps with Viktor Axelsen out already, he can get the gold.
- August 26, 2023 22:05Game 3: 14-21
KUNLUVAT VITIDSARN WINS!
Prannoy’s smash from deep into his court lands out.
- August 26, 2023 22:04Game 3: 14-20
Match point for Vitidsarn. The entire rally is played at the net and Prannoy errs in one of his drop shots.
- August 26, 2023 22:03Game 3: 14-19
Prannoy wins a point with a smash down the left baseline.
- August 26, 2023 22:03Game 3: 13-19
Prannoy’s forehand lands in the side gallery.
Vitidsarn two points away.
- August 26, 2023 22:02Game 3: 13-18
Prannoy’s forehand return from the middle of the court runs into the net.
- August 26, 2023 22:01Game 3: 13-17
Service over. This time the smash from the Thai is spot on and gets him the point.
- August 26, 2023 22:01Game 3: 13-16
Vitidsarn goes for a smash but lands it out of bounds beyond the back gallery.
- August 26, 2023 22:00Game 3: 12-16
Vitidsarn lands a drop shot at an angle. Prannoy puts in a dive but has no chance to get to it.
- August 26, 2023 21:59Game 3: 12-15
Prannoy with remarkable defence. He keeps the shuttle in play and Vitidsarn eventually hits it wide.
- August 26, 2023 21:58Game 3: 11-15
Prannoy gets under a return and towers up to land a killer smash.
- August 26, 2023 21:58Game 3: 10-15
Vitidsarn’s slap shot from mid court is missed by Prannoy. Again, a five-point lead for the the Thai shuttler.
- August 26, 2023 21:57Game 3: 10-14
Prannoy with control on that rally. Works the shuttle across the length of the court and then sends it away with a smash from the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:56Game 3: 9-14
Vitidsarn’s shot lands into the side gallery. Precise judgement from the Indian too.
- August 26, 2023 21:56Game 3: 8-14
Another one of Prannoy’s shot fails to clear the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:55Game 3: 8-13
An unforced error by Prannoy as he sends a simple drop onto the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:54Game 3: 8-12
Prannoy with amazing intent as he travels back and forth. He gets the point with a drop shot that takes the net on the way.
- August 26, 2023 21:53Game 3: 7-12
Prannoy gets to the shot at his back court but his shot misses the mark again and lands out of bounds.
- August 26, 2023 21:52Game 3: 7-11
Vitidsarn again targets the body of Prannoy. He puts great defence to keep the rally going and finally gets the winner in from close the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:51Game 3: 7-10
Vitidsarn’s shot from the net is right at Prannoy. There is a bit of spin on that gets the mistake from the Indian.
- August 26, 2023 21:50Game 3: 7-9
Vitidsarn lands a cross court shot right at the edge of the court.
- August 26, 2023 21:50Game 3: 7-8
Prannoy clawing back. Controls the rally and forces Vitidsarn to play the shuttle long.
A challenge from the Thailand player but that does not change the outcome.
- August 26, 2023 21:49Game 3: 6-8
Service back with Prannoy! A thunderous smash down the line.
- August 26, 2023 21:48Game 3: 5-8
A marathon rally goes Vitidsarn’s way when Prannoy sends it long.
- August 26, 2023 21:46Game 3: 5-7
Prannoy makes Vitidsarn play a shot down the line and then answers it with a powerful smash.
- August 26, 2023 21:45Game 3: 4-7
Prannoy pushes too hard on a backhand and sees the shuttle lands out of play.
- August 26, 2023 21:45Game 3: 4-6
Phenonmenal defence by Vitidsarn but his shot lands out into the side gallery.
- August 26, 2023 21:44Game 3: 3-6
Vitidsarn blocks a couple of smashes but the third onee does the job for the Indian.
- August 26, 2023 21:43Game 3: 2-6
Prannoy with another error close to the net as his drop shot fails to clear the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:43Game 3: 2-5
Prannoy with a backhand drop to win his second point. He upped the pace on that point. Needs more of that.
- August 26, 2023 21:42Game 3: 1-5
Another point for Vitidsarn as Prannoy’s return on smash hits the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:41Game 3: 1-4
Prannoy lands a smash out of bounds. Four straight points for the Thai player.
- August 26, 2023 21:41Game 3: 1-3
Prannoy has no answer to Vitidsarn’s smash down the line.
- August 26, 2023 21:40Game 3: 1-2
Vitidsarn with a cross court smash. He lands it wide of Prannoy but inside the side gallery.
- August 26, 2023 21:40Game 3: 1-1
Vitidsarn with a rocket smash to win the point. Prannoy gets to it but has no control.
- August 26, 2023 21:39Game 3: 1-0
Vitidsarn falters is picking up a drop. Prannoy with a loud roar on winning the point.
- August 26, 2023 21:383rd Game - The winner takes it all
Prannoy looked tired by the end of the second game. He needs to pull his socks up to get a favourble result here.
- August 26, 2023 21:37Game 2: 13-21
Vitidsarn pulls the game level.
Prannoy again with a shot that goes beyond the gallery.
- August 26, 2023 21:36Game 2: 13-20
Game point for Vitidsarn as Prannoy sends a drop into the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:36Game 2: 13-18
Another point for Vitidsarn. He moves closer to paring the game. Makes Prannoy commit the shot close to the net and burries it away with a smash.
- August 26, 2023 21:35Game 2: 13-17
Prannoy lands a cross court smash wide of bounds.
- August 26, 2023 21:34Game 2: 13-16
Vitidsarn forces Prannoy to lift a drop up high and then packs it away with a smash.
- August 26, 2023 21:34Game 2: 13-15
Prannoy with another point as Vitidsarn sends a lob out of play.
- August 26, 2023 21:33Game 2: 12-15
Prannoy pounces on a shot at the net and wins the point with a backhand winner.
- August 26, 2023 21:32Game 2: 11-15
A lucky point for the Indian as his smash takes a deflection on the net and dies into Vitidsarn’s court.
- August 26, 2023 21:31Game 2: 10-15
Vitidsarn defends brilliantly. He finally lands a clean shot at the net and wins the point with a put away shot.
- August 26, 2023 21:30Game 2: 10-14
Now it is Prannoy’s turn to feign a shot at the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:30Game 2: 9-14
A stunning change of direction by Vitidsarn. A drop shto to the right side.
- August 26, 2023 21:30Game 2: 9-13
Another point for the Indian. A gentle swivle while blocking a smash. Changes the direction and lands it at an impossible angle for the Thai player.
- August 26, 2023 21:29Game 2: 8-13
Prannoy breaks the run with a cross court smash. No answer from Vitidsarn.
- August 26, 2023 21:28Game 2: 7-13
A silly error from Prannoy at the net makes it seven points on the run for Vitidsarn.
- August 26, 2023 21:27Game 2: 7-12
Vitidsarn’s momentum continues as Prannoy makes another error and sends the shot long.
- August 26, 2023 21:26Game 2: 7-11
Prannoy again goes for the attack. He connects a smash but lands it wide.
- August 26, 2023 21:25Game 2: 7-10
Prannoy sends this shot long.
- August 26, 2023 21:25Game 2: 7-9
Another error from Prannoy. He tries to pick a drop away from his body. Gets to it but puts it onto the net
- August 26, 2023 21:24Game 2: 7-8
Vitidsarn leads for the first time. Prannoy’s forehand smash across the court lands wide.
- August 26, 2023 21:23Game 2: 7-7
Prannoy makes a mistake in picking a drop and hits the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:22Game 2: 7-6
Prannoy goes for a forehand diagnol from his right side and lands it just inside the court.
- August 26, 2023 21:22Game 2: 6-6
A long rally. Prannoy goes for a diagnol shot when his opponent is down on the ground but he sends it wide.
- August 26, 2023 21:21Game 2: 6-5
Prannoy sends a shot beyond the back gallery.
- August 26, 2023 21:20Game 2: 6-4
Prannoy wins the point as Vitidsarn’s backhand is straight into the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:20Game 2: 5-4
Two more points for the Thai player. He is closing in.
- August 26, 2023 21:19Game 2: 5-2
The THai player with a combination play. He puts one on the net and the next shot at the back. Prannoy cannot keep up with the pace of play.
- August 26, 2023 21:19Game 2: 5-1
Another shot left by Vitidsarn. Another one that lands inside the back gallery
- August 26, 2023 21:18Game 2: 4-1
The first point for the Thai as Prannoy sends a backhand long.
- August 26, 2023 21:17Game 2: 4-0
A cross court smash which kisses the line to win the point for Prannoy.
- August 26, 2023 21:17Game 2: 3-0
Well left by Prannoy. Vitidsarn again floats the shuttle on the back side of the court but puts it long.
- August 26, 2023 21:16Game 2: 2-0
PRANNOY! A backhand killer from his right side.
- August 26, 2023 21:16Game 2: 1-0
Vitidsarn again has a lapse in decision making. He leaves a shot and sees it land on the line at the back gallery.
- August 26, 2023 21:15Game 2 coming up
The momentum with the Thai player without a doubt. He pulled it to within two points from a 17-12 deficit.
Can Prannoy win in straight games?
- August 26, 2023 21:13Game 1: 21-18
PRANNOY WINS THE FIRST GAME.
Needs a bit of luck. His return takes a kind deflection off the net which puts Vitidsarn off his return.
- August 26, 2023 21:12A medical break
The Thailand shuttler has a bruise on his right knee. The doctor has been called on the court to treat.
- August 26, 2023 21:11Game 1: 20-18
Prannoy opts for a smash but sends it into the side gallery.
- August 26, 2023 21:11Game 1: 20-17
Vitidsarn opts to leave a shot sent to his back gallery. A grave mistake as it lands on the line.
He challenges but cannot reverse the point.
- August 26, 2023 21:10Game 1: 19-17
Prannoy has the point in his pocket. Vitidsarn is all over the place. He has a simple backhand on offer to put the point to bed. What does he do? Put it onto the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:09Game 1: 19-16
Prannoy is late to react on a shuttle coming on the right of his court. It is close to the net and by the time he gets to it, it is too late.
- August 26, 2023 21:08Game 1: 19-15
Service over! A marathon rally and the Indian commits the mistake by landing the shuttle out of bounds on the left.
- August 26, 2023 21:08Game 1: 19-14
Prannoy works the play left and right and eventually forces the mistake out of Vitidsarn.
- August 26, 2023 21:07Game 1: 18-14
Another back hand of Prannoy that goes straight onto the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:07Game 1: 18-13
Prannoy’s attempt to meet a shot over his head only lands on the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:06Game 1: 18-12
Prannoy asks his opponent to meet a shot close to the net. Vitidsarn fails to and loses the point.
- August 26, 2023 21:05Game 1: 17-12
Prannoy’s push at the net lands out of bounds beyond the back gallery.
- August 26, 2023 21:05Game 1: 17-11
A shot from close range finds the net and Vitidsarn loses the point.
- August 26, 2023 21:04Game 1: 16-11
A neat little streak for Vitidsarnas he gets another point by forcing an error on Prannoy’s backhand.
- August 26, 2023 21:04Game 1: 16-10
The Thai player dominates the net on that rally to force an error from Prannoy.
- August 26, 2023 21:04Game 1: 16-9
An error on a net return rom Vitidsarn followed by a smash which helps him reclaim a point.
- August 26, 2023 21:03Game 1: 15-8
Vitidsarn finds space at the back side of the court and sends a return there.
- August 26, 2023 21:02Game 1: 15-7
Prannoy in command here. He gets a return to the back side of his court and he bulges it back across into Vitidsarn’s court with a smash. No chance for the Thai player.
- August 26, 2023 21:02Game 1: 14-7
Prannoy with a down the court smash to kill the point.
- August 26, 2023 21:01Game 1: 13-7
Prannoy reads a shot to perfection. He is waiting at the net and smashes the shuttle straight into his opponent.
- August 26, 2023 21:01Game 1: 12-7
Prannoy’s shot lands out of bounds thanks to the drift.
- August 26, 2023 21:00Game 1: 12-6
Service over. Vitidsarn falters in a close-range shot and hits the net.
- August 26, 2023 21:00Game 1: 11-6
An extended rally but Vitidsarn tracks back on one shot and lands it along the baseline.
- August 26, 2023 20:58Game 1: 11-5
A rally which was mostly played at the net. Prannoy ends it with a clever backhand disguise to the left of Vitidsarn’s court.
- August 26, 2023 20:58Game 1: 10-5
Prannoy packs a punch on a cross court smash. The opponent gets to it but cannot make it clear the net.
- August 26, 2023 20:57Game 1: 9-5
A healthy lead for Prannoy. He leaves a shot sent to the back court alone. Perfect judgement as it lands out.
- August 26, 2023 20:56Game 1: 8-5
Vitidsarn tries to push the Indian back but puts the shuttle beyond the baseline.
- August 26, 2023 20:56Game 1: 7-5
A two point lead for the Indian as Vitidsarn finds the net while trying a smash.
- August 26, 2023 20:55Game 1: 6-5
Vitidsarn again puts his cross court shot into the side gallery.
- August 26, 2023 20:55A change of socks for Prannoy
The Indian opts for a quick change. A slight delay which reveals the taping on Prannoy’s foot.
- August 26, 2023 20:54Game 1: 5-5
Prannoy defends well in the rally and launches a smash on the first chance he is offered.
- August 26, 2023 20:53Game 1: 4-5
Another unforced error from Prannoy. He finds the net during a rally.
- August 26, 2023 20:53Game 1: 4-4
Prannoy gets to the back in a flash and unleashes a powerful smash.
- August 26, 2023 20:52Game 1: 3-4
Prannoy has a chance to smash but he only finds the net.
- August 26, 2023 20:52Game 1: 3-3
Vitidsarn goes for another cross court drop but puts it out of bounds.
- August 26, 2023 20:51Game 1: 2-3
Prannoy’s shot hits the net.
- August 26, 2023 20:51Game 1: 2-2
The Thai player hits a forehand down the line. Cuts the pace at the last second to catch Prannoy off guard.
- August 26, 2023 20:50Game 1: 2-1
A well-disguised cross court drop shot from Vitidsarn.
- August 26, 2023 20:50Game 1: 2-0
Vitidsarn’s drop return falls wide.
- August 26, 2023 20:50Game 1: 1-0
A long rally to start. Vitidsarn’s backhand lands sweetly for Prannoy to smash it down his right.
- August 26, 2023 20:48Game 1: 0-0
Prannoy to serve. Here we go!
- August 26, 2023 20:46Warm up time!
The initial handshakes done! Vitidsarn wins the toss and chooses to receive.
- August 26, 2023 20:44A loud reception for Prannoy
The Indian player is welcomed with a loud cheer. A surprise given that he knocked out home favourite Viktor Axelsen in the previous round.
- August 26, 2023 20:41Alright then!
The wait is over. HS Prannoy will take the court now. Up against him, Kunlavut Vitidsarn.
What awaits them? A place in the final
- August 26, 2023 20:40An Se Young beats Chen Yu Fei 21-19, 21-15
The Korean seals the deal in straight games. The second one was a close affair but Young picked six points on the trot to win the contest.
- August 26, 2023 20:37Prannoy vs Vitidsarn in Rankings
Vitidsarn - WR: 3 | TR: 6
Prannoy - WR: 9 | TR: 5
- August 26, 2023 20:08An Se Young wins the first game
The Korean takes the lead against China’s Chen Yu Fei, winning the opening game 21-18.
- August 26, 2023 20:00Kunlavut Vitidsarn’s best finish in 2023
The Thailand player has two titles on the BWF Tour in 2023. He won the India Open followed by his home tournament Thailand Open.
- August 26, 2023 19:52Can Prannoy ace the Vitidsarn test?
The Thai player has already knocked out one Indian. The World No. 3 defeated Lakshya Sen in the pre-quarters in three sets.
Even against Prannoy, Vitidsarn had emerged victorious in their one and only encounter at the England Open in 2022.
- August 26, 2023 19:30Up Next
Women’s Singles - An Se Young vs Chen Yu Fei
Men’s Singles - HS Prannoy vs Kunlavut Vitidsarn
- August 26, 2023 19:28Men’s Doubles - Astrup/Rasmussen beat Liang/Wang
The Danish pair turn the tie around and storm into the final of the World Championships. They lost the first game 17-21 but bounced back to win the next two 21-18 and 21-19.
- August 26, 2023 19:16HS Prannoy Win/Loss record in 2023
Played: 43 | Won: 29 | Lost: 14
- August 26, 2023 19:03Astrup/Rasmussen draw level!
The Danish pair bounces back in the second game 21-18 to pare the contest 1-1.
The winner of the third game takes it all and advances to the title clash.
- August 26, 2023 18:52The only other Indian finalist
Kidambi Srikanth is the only men’s singles player to take the court in a World Championships final. Srikanth made it to the final in 2021 after beating compatriot Lakshya Sen in the semifinal. However, Singapore’s Loh Kean Yew denied him the title, defeating Srikanth 21-15, 22-20.
- August 26, 2023 18:43Liang, Wang take the first game
The China pair comes out on top 21-17. The Danish pair of Astrup and Rasmussen need to win the next two games to get through to the final.
- August 26, 2023 18:33Prannoy’s steller show against Viktor Axelsen
The Indian had to dig deep to get past the World No 1 and the defending World Champion. Here is how he did it.
- August 26, 2023 18:23Up Next - Men’s Doubles
China’s Liang Wei Kang and Wang Chang take on Denmark’s Kim Astrup and Anders Skaarup Rasmussen.
- August 26, 2023 18:12Carolina Marin beats Akane Yamaguchi
The Spaniard gets the better off her Japanese opponent 23-21, 21-13 to book a spot in the final of the World Championships.
- August 26, 2023 17:49In Progress - Marin vs Yamaguchi
The Spaniard has taken the first game 23-21. It was a neck and neck battle throughout but Marin just edged past due to some unforced mistakes from Yamaguchi.
- August 26, 2023 17:39Prannoy’s best finish in 2023
The Indian shuttler won the Malaysia Masters 2023 where he beat Weng Hong Yang in a three-game thriller. That has been the only title for Prannoy this year. At the Australian Open, Prannoy lost in the final to the same opponent.
- August 26, 2023 17:21HS Prannoy has a date with history
Prannoy became only the fifth men’s singles player from India to secure a medal at the Worlds. If he wins today, he could become just the second player to reach the final.
Here are the medal winners for India at the World Championships:
Prakash Padukone - Bronze in 1983
B Sai Praneeth - Bronze in 2019
Kidambi Srikanth - Silver in 2021
Lakshya Sen - Bronze in 2021
- August 26, 2023 17:12Kunlavut Vitidsarn - Road to semifinals
Quarterfinals: beat Wang Tzu Wei 18-21, 21-15, 21-13
Third Round: beat Lakshya Sen 21-14, 16-21, 21-13
Second Round: beat Ygor Coelho 21-9, 21-18
First Round: beat Jonathan Matias 21-16, 21-14
- August 26, 2023 17:05HS Prannoy - Road to semifinals
Quarterfinals: beat Viktor Axelsen 13-21, 21-15, 21-16
Third Round: beat Loh Kean Yew 21-18, 15-21, 21-19
Second Round: beat Chico Aura Dwi Wardoyo 21-9, 21-14
First Round: beat Kolle Koljonen 24-22, 21-10
- August 26, 2023 16:55Prannoy vs Vitidsarn - Head to Head Record
The two have faced each other only once at the 2022 England Open in which Kunlavut Vitidsarn won 21-15, 24-22 against the Indian.
- August 26, 2023 16:43LIVE STREAMING INFO
When to watch HS Prannoy’s BWF World Championships 2023 semifinal match?
The BWF World Championships men’s singles semifinal between HS Prannoy and Kunlavut Vitidsarn is scheduled to start at around 8PM IST.
Where to watch HS Prannoy’s BWF World Championships 2023 semifinal match?
The BWF Badminton World Championships 2023 will be telecast in India on Sports 18 and streamed live on Jio Cinema.
- Allyson Felix, Inbee Park among 32 athlete candidates at Paris Olympics in IOC membership vote
- Arthur Fils and Hamad Medjedovic maintain winning starts at Next Gen Finals
- British Gymnastics bans coaches from weighing young athletes
- Hayes’ arrival perfect timing for Paris 2024, says US striker Rodman
- Serie A 2023-24: Inter heads to revived Napoli with lead in the balance