Emerging Indian shuttler Priyanshu Rajawat advanced to the men’s singles semifinals of the Orleans Masters Super 300 badminton tournament in France with a stunning straight-game win over Chi Yu Jen of Chinese Taipei on Friday.
World number 58, Priyanshu eased past world no. 61 Yu Jen with an identical score of 21-18, 21-18.
Priyanshu will face world no. 35 Nhat Nguyen of Ireland in the semifinal, who got a walkover against Misha Zilberman of Israel in the other quarterfinal fixture.
Priyanshu, who had upset the top seed Kenta Nishimoto in the pre-quarterfinals, have won all his matches in straight games en route to the semifinals.
On Friday, the 21-year-old Indian shuttler needed 44 minutes to wrap up the contest against Yu Jen, the finalist of the Odisha Open Super 100 last year.
However, in men’s doubles M.R. Arjun and Dhruv Kapila squandered a game lead to bow out of the tournament as second-seeded Leo Rolly Carnando and Daniel Marthin of Indonesia won the three-setter in 61 minutes.
- Former chief Brij Bhushan and protesting wrestler Vinesh blame each other for WFI suspension
- HS Prannoy loses to Vitidsarn in semifinal, settles for bronze in World Championships
- AFG vs PAK Live Score, 3rd ODI: Seven down Afghanistan goes past 100-run mark
- HS Prannoy vs Kunlavut Vitidsarn Live, BWF World Championships Semifinal: Prannoy loses 21-18, 13-21, 14-21
- Rubiales to ‘defend himself’ after FIFA suspends him for Hermoso kiss