James Harden did not appear to take kindly to light-hearted criticism from Giannis Antetokounmpo during the All-Star break as he suggested the NBA MVP's style of play "takes no skill at all".
Houston Rockets star Harden is renowned for his high usage rate, and All-Star captain Antetokounmpo instead selected Kemba Walker at the recent draft.
The Greek said: "I want somebody that's going to pass the ball."
Then, after the game, which Harden's Team LeBron won, Antetokounmpo claimed Team Giannis had targeted "whoever James Harden was guarding".
Harden was asked about the comments on ESPN's The Jump this week and did not appear amused.
"I average more assists than [Walker], I think," said Harden, who averages 7.3 assists to Walker's 5.0. "I don't see what the joke is.
"But I didn't even see [the comments] - I don't pay attention to stuff like that. I just know they keep mentioning me."
Seemingly referring to Antetokounmpo, he added: "I wish I was seven feet and could just run and dunk. That takes no skill at all.
"I've got to actually learn how to play basketball, how to have skill. I'd take that any day."
Antetokounmpo is the favourite to be named the MVP again, with the Milwaukee Bucks on course to claim the number one seed in the Eastern Conference once more.
However, Harden was not impressed by the 'MVP Ladder' on the league's official website that did not rank him in the top five contenders in mid-February.
"It's crazy. I still lead the league in scoring," he said. "That's something I can't control.
"Around the league, if you named the top five players that are getting double-teamed... Nobody's mentioning that.
"I'm not the type to say it or broadcast it, I'm just going to go out there and try to win games. That's what I've been trying to do."
- IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association announces Rs 11 lakh prize money for ground staff
- ARS vs TOT, Premier league: Tottenham boss Postecoglou hails Spurs’ ‘Son’ for heroics against Arsenal
- IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: World Cup-bound batters make merry as India seals series
- Dutch police use tear gas to disperse rioters after Ajax v Feyenoord suspended
- ARS vs TOT: Arsenal suffers Rice injury scare in North London derby against Tottenham in Premier League