Ben Simmons had an impressive performance against the Warriors on Saturday, but Philadelphia fell just short in a 120-117 loss.
The second-year star scored 18 points in the first half and finished with 25 points, 15 rebounds and 11 assists in the contest. This marked his second consecutive triple-double. Jimmy Butler chipped in with 21 points while Tobias Harris added 20 for the 76ers.
Kevin Durant led all scorers and recorded 34 points in the contest. Stephen Curry and DeMarcus Cousins scored 28 and 25 respectively.
Both sides were missing key contributors. Golden State was without Klay Thompson (knee) while Philadelphia missed Joel Embiid (rest).
These two powerhouses are now 1-1 against each other this season and will not meet again unless it's in the NBA Finals.
The Warriors, now 44-19, sits atop the Western Conference.
Stars of the Night
Luke Kennard scored a game-high 26 points in 22 minutes to help the Pistons crush the Cavaliers 129-93.
LaMarcus Aldridge scored 27 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as San Antonio took down Oklahoma City 116-102.
Donovan Mitchell scored 46 points and lifted the Jazz past the Bucks 115-111.
Flops of the Night
Rajon Rondo scored four points on 1-of-10 shooting in the Lakers' 118-109 loss to the Suns.
Myles Turner finished this slam with authority in the Pacers' 117-112 loss to the Magic.
Derrick Jones Jr. sent Spencer Dinwiddie's fast-break layup attempt sky high in the Heat's 117-88 win over the Nets.
- Shubman Gill attains career-best second position in latest ICC Rankings
- 13 Odisha athletes bound for Asian Games to get Rs 10 lakh each from state government
- Asia Cup 2023: Wellalage ‘very happy to get big wickets of Kohli, Rohit’
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team
- King’s Cup 2023: Litmus test for India to find its next No. 9 with FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers ahead