Precious Achiuwa will enter the NBA Draft following an impressive freshman season at Memphis.
The 6ft 9in, 225-pound forward from Nigeria is pegged to be a mid-first round pick and could go as early as the lottery.
In his one season at Memphis, Achiuwa averaged 15.8 points and 10.8 rebounds and was tied for seventh in Division I with 18 double-doubles.
He was named both the AAC player and freshman of the year, the first time in league history someone received the two awards in the same season.
"I've always dreamt of playing in the NBA since I picked up the game," Achiuwa wrote on Twitter. "With that being said, I'd like to announce the next step on my journey and declare for the 2020 NBA Draft."
Achiuwa's shooting away from the basket could use some improvement so he can become a bigger offensive threat, but he already possesses the skills near the hoop to make a smooth transition to the NBA.
- World Athletics Championships 2023, Live Updates: Fraser-Pryce, Richardson in women’s 100m final action; Stahl wins discus throw gold with championship record, Holloway achieves three-peat in 110m hurdles
- Prannoy, Lakshya advance to second round of World Championships; Srikanth exits
- Thierry Henry to coach France at 2024 Olympics - Reports
- CM Gautam’s enduring dream to wear the whites again takes him to First-Class cricket in Sri Lanka
- Ali hopes to do a victory lap at world championships with all three kids in tow