Terence Crawford has controversially suggested the coronavirus pandemic is a conspiracy and said he is ignoring lockdown rules.
The WBO welterweight world champion revealed he has not been telling his family to stay indoors after astonishingly claiming the effects of COVID-19 were being overplayed.
Over 1.8million people have had a confirmed case worldwide including over 535,000 alone in the United States, where over 20,000 people who have tested positive for the disease have died.
Crawford, who says a friend of his had contracted the illness, is still training during the pandemic.
"It ain't no different to any other day. I'm not locked up in the house. I'm not locking my kids up in the house, I'm telling you," he told Sports Illustrated .
"I don't feel like these people that they say are dying and sick from it is actually true. I think they're using fear to try to control us right now, for something else.
"I don't know what it is but me personally, I just can't agree with a whole bunch of things that they're saying now.
"The media runs the world. You put anything on then everybody's gonna run with it and you'll have people scared.
"They said it really don't affect healthy individuals, only the elderly or those with problems like asthma or breathing disorders – but that's like any cold or flu.
"You've got to protect the ones with body issues like overweight or obesity.
"One of our friends said she had it but she said she's doing better now so that was the only person.
"I'm enjoying time with my family, at home, laid back and chilled. I'm not anxious. I have my own boxing gym and I've got everything: treadmill, bikes, Jacob ladders, whatever you need I've got it."
ALSO READ |
Crawford, who has a 36-0 record, said he questioned why some professions are still allowed to work.
"If it's so bad then why are people still picking up trash, why are people working but you can only do take out?" He added.
"I have a load of questions I need answers to. What about all the police officers that are still working?
"Me, if I was a cop, if it was that bad, then I wouldn't be working. I don't agree with what they're saying."
- IND vs NED, ODI World Cup warm-up: Team India arrives in Kerala Netherlands game; Virat Kohli to reach later
- Parveen Hooda assures Asian Games boxing bronze, fulfils her part of the deal with father suffering from cancer
- Indian sports news wrap, October 1
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Srikanth leads vs Shifeng Li; Satwik-Chirag, Lakshya win to give India 2-0 lead in tie; Hangzhou updates
- Athletics at Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022: Avinash Sable clinches 3000m Steeplechase gold, Tajinderpal in silver medal position