The Sports Ministry has cleared an international training camp for the Indian men's and women's boxing teams in Ireland from July 10 to 24 in the run-up to the Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
An 11-member women's squad, including world champion Nikhat Zareen, and a 15-member men's team comprising Amit Panghal will participate in the camp.
The Indian women boxing contingent also includes Tokyo bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain, Nitu and Jaismine, besides coaches Bhaskar Chandra Bhatt, Pranamika Borah and Mahavir Singh.
A physiotherapist, masseuse, strength and conditioning expert and sports scientist have also been cleared for the trip.
The men's team consists of eight boxers -- Hussamuddin Mohammed, Shiva Thapa, Rohit Tokas, Sumit, Ashish Kumar, Sanjeet, Sagar and Amit.
The government also cleared a six-member support staff, including three coaches — Narendera Rana, Lalit Prasad and D.S Yadav — for the camp.
The Commonwealth Games will be held from July 28 to August 8 in Birmingham.
- Al Ain vs Al Nassr Highlights, AFC Champions League Quarterfinal: Rahimi goal gives host 1-0 advantage in first leg
- AFC Champions League quarterfinal: Ronaldo’s Al Nassr suffers narrow loss against Al Ain in first-leg
- ISL 2023-24: NorthEast United FC’s playoffs challenge takes a hit with a 2-2 draw against Hyderabad FC
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore beats UP Warriorz, finishes home leg on a high
- Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth retires from international badminton