Australia's right-arm pacer Andrew Tye has been ruled out of the three-match T20I series against Sri Lanka because of an elbow injury. However, skipper Aaron Finch was declared fit to play the series opener on Sunday at the Adelaide Oval.
Tye was ruled out of the series after barely taking part in Australia’s training session having injured his right elbow on Friday, according to a cricket.com.au report. A replacement player for Tye will be named in the coming days.
The host will still be able to field a strong pace attack with the likes of Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Billy Stanlake and Kane Richardson at its disposal.
Finch, meanwhile, has confirmed he has overcome a side injury and will play in the first T20I. The 32-year-old had a side strain which he sustained in a Sheffield Shield Match against South Australia in Melbourne earlier this month.
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: AUS - 116/5 (15); Arshdeep dismisses McDermott after half-century
- PKL LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls: Sonu’s super raid keeps Giants in hunt against Bulls; GG 18-21 BB - Pro Kabaddi League 2023 updates
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, LIVE Score, FCG 1-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Gaurs leads through Rowllin Borges’ strike, Diamantakos, Luna come close
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Who are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3: Abhinav Choudhary wins rapid fire pistol gold at National Championships