Former India bowler Ashish Nehra will have a bigger role with the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the upcoming season. He has been confirmed as the coach and will be part of the coaching leadership team along with Gary Kirsten, it was announced on Wednesday.
Ashish Nehra had joined RCB last season as a bowling coach.
“I had the privilege to join the coaching team of RCB last season and feel very passionately about the team. I want to thank the team management for considering me in a leadership position with the franchise and look forward for the successful seasons ahead,” he said.
Nehra has represented various IPL teams including Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians, Pune Warriors, CSK and Sunrisers Hyderabad as a bowler. He took up coaching stint with RCB soon after his retirement last year.
RCB Chairman Sanjeev Churiwala said Nehra and Kirsten will partner Kohli to help the team deliver better performance.
“We are very happy to have Ashish Nehra join RCB as part of the coaching leadership team. Ashish and Gary will partner the Captain to help the team deliver better performance,” he said.
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France