Sachin Tendulkar is known to have been particularly devastating against the great Australian teams, he played against in his illustrious career. On Sunday, he donned the Australian green and gold to play an over during the innings break of the Bushfire Cricket Bash legends match.
Tendulkar was facing Australia’s star all-rounder and 2019 Women’s Cricketer of the Year Ellyse Perry and Annabel Sutherland. He said while walking up to the pitch that it was the first time in five years that he was picking up a bat and the 46—year—old ended up hitting a four off the first ball he faced. He repeated the shot towards deep square leg and got a couple.
“It’s an incredible feeling to bowl to Tendulkar and watch Brian Lara bat,” said Australia’s double international Perry. She has also represented Australia in football.
A couple of deliveries were bowled by Sutherland, daughter of former CA chief executive James. But the 46-year-old Tendulkar charitably pushed it towards the fielders, in full spirit with the essence of ‘Charity Game’.
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2023: India aims for a winning start, faces Korea in opener
- Indonesia expresses interest in hosting U-20 World Cup in 2025 with Singapore, says president Joko Widodo
- Hope reveals inspirational chat with Dhoni after guiding West Indies to thrilling win over England
- Hero World Challenge: Woods targets one event per month after competitive return
- IND vs AUS: Arshdeep on bowling final over - ‘Surya and the support staff believed in me’