Jasprit Bumrah, who is making a comeback after being sidelined for 11 months due to a recurring back injury, took the wicket of Ireland’s Andy Balbirnie off the second ball of the first T20 International in Dublin on Friday.
Bumrah then removed Lorcan Tucker off the fifth ball of the first over for his second scalp.
The skipper started off with a loose full delivery that was going down leg-side and Balbirnie gently flicked it to the boundary at square-leg. Bumrah then corrected his line and bowled it full outside off. The delivery seamed in a bit and took Balbirnie’s inside edge before crashing onto the stumps.
The No. 3 batter Tucker survived a couple of deliveries, which included a searing yorker bowled with pinpoint accuracy. However, the batter seemed to have lost his patience as he attempted a ramp shot off a full and wide delivery outside off-stump and only ended up skying an easy catch to wicketkeeper Sanju Samson.
Bumrah ended the over with another inswining delivery as Harry Tector defended it stoutly. Four runs came off the over for the loss of two wickets in a rocky start to Ireland’s innings.
- Pakistan vs Afghanistan Live Score, World Cup 2023: AFG 251/2 (44.3); Rahmat, Shahidi inch towards historic win
- Asian Para Games 2023 medals tally Highlights: October 23 - India fourth with six golds; China leads
- Bishan Singh Bedi, the ‘God’s man’ who graced the gentleman’s sport
- SA vs BAN: No sign of complacence for South Africa as it hits nets for Bangladesh clash
- Highest successful run chases vs Pakistan in World Cup history: India leads list with 2003 WC win