Rajkumar Sharma, coach of Virat Kohli, will be the new chief coach of the Delhi cricket team this season.
As per the announcement made by the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA), Gursharan Singh, who led Punjab to its lone Ranji Trophy success in 1993, will be the assistant coach. A former Test
player, Gursharan coached Uttrakhand last season.
Former Delhi opener Ashu Dani and a junior selector till last season, has taken over as the Chairperson of the senior selection committee that consists of former selectors Mohan Chaturvedi and Chetanya Nanda
ALSO READ | MCA announces squads for practice matches
These names were recommended by the Cricket Advisory Committee following two days of interviews.
Mr. Manoj Kumar and Sachin Gupta will be the managers for the season. Umesh Chikara (Trainer) and Gajendra Kumar (Physio) will be part of the support staff. Prominent among those ignored were Manoj Prabhakar and K. P. Bhaskar who had applied to regain their spots as coaches.
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round