Nagaland will be bolstered by the presence of seasoned left-arm pacer Pawan Suyal in its ranks for the upcoming domestic season.
The Northeast side picked the Delhi speedster in the ‘guest player’ category along with Karnataka all-rounder Abrar Kazi and wicketkeeper-batsman K.B Pawan.
“There is a lot of competition for fast bowlers in Delhi. Being a regular in the side was tough. At times, I was treated like an outsider since I am from Uttarakhand. Keeping all these factors in mind, I chose to switch,” Suyal told Sportstar on Wednesday.
Suyal — who has 60 wickets in 20 first-class games — has also been a part of the Indian Premier League with Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils. All-rounder Kazi is keen to play the full season and that’s the primary reason behind his move.
“I was looking for a better opportunity, where I would get more matches. In Karnataka, the opportunities were limited,” he said.
“We are happy with the selection. They are all good players and we are looking forward,” A. Rahman, Joint Secretary, Nagaland Cricket Association said.
All the guest cricketers are expected to reach Dimapur by September 8.
- Real Madrid defender Carvajal out until next year due to calf injury
- Manchester City charged by FA over player conduct in Spurs draw
- ISL 2023: East Bengal blanks NorthEast United 5-0; Silva, Sekar shine
- Dipa Karmakar focuses on Paris Olympics spot after Asian Games disappointment
- Arteta says he expects difficult game at “remarkable” Luton Town