Wicketkeeper batsman Dinesh Karthik who was part of the India side for the limited overs squad against New Zealand will miss Tamil Nadu’s Ranji trophy match against Madhya Pradesh in Indore.
The 32-year old finished the Australia T20 series in Hyderabad and joined the TN team the very next day for the first day of play against Tripura last month.
The wicketkeeper however did not join the TN squad in Cuttack for the Odisha game and is currently at the NCA undergoing rehab for a stiff hip.
Karthik is expected to join the State side for the final game in Baroda starting from November 25.
Tamil Nadu might need two outright wins in their next two games after conceding the first innings lead against Odisha on Sunday and is currently fourth in the standings with eight points.
In the absence of Murali Vijay, who will join the India squad for the Sri Lanka Test series, Karthik’s presence would have boosted the side especially in getting quick runs.
- U.S. Open 2023: Iga Swiatek eyes fresh start after early exit
- India vs Nepal, Asia Cup Live Score: Preview, streaming info; Rain likely IND vs NEP at Pallekele today
- Indian sports news wrap, September 4
- Indian men’s team assured of bronze medal at Asian Table Tennis Championships
- VIDEO: Shreyanka Patil becomes first bowler to pick four-wicket haul in WCPL