Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly today said that Virat Kohli’s elevation to captaincy across all formats will bring success to the team in equal measure.
Terming Kohli as a natural choice to succeed Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Ganguly said: “He is the right successor (to Dhoni) in one-day Internationals and T20Is. He will be equally fantastic, there’s no doubt about that.”
Having led India in Tests format successfully, Kohli was today appointed limited overs skipper ahead of its three ODIs and three T20Is series against England beginning January 15.
Dhoni, who stepped down as the captain of the Indian limited overs team after more than nine years at the helm, will play as a wicketkeeper-batsman.
Veteran Yuvraj Singh also staged a comeback nine months after the World T20 last year, riding on his splendid form during the Ranji Trophy in which he scored 672 runs in five games before taking a break due to his marriage.
“It’s a great thing he (Yuvraj) has been included in both the formats. I’m confident he will get some runs and succeed,” Ganguly said. hailing the inclusion of Yuvraj in both ODI and T20I sides.
- Manchester derby LIVE: Man City vs Man United, MCI v MUN Premier League; Starting lineups in, match updates
- Shardul Thakur laments lack of rest between Ranji Trophy matches, calls for better scheduling
- DC-W vs GG-W live score, WPL 2024: Late wickets help Gujarat Giants restrict Delhi Capitals to 163/8
- WPL 2024: Wounded RCB hopes to provide some cheer to crowd, takes on UP Warriorz in last home game
- Olympic Boxing Qualifier 2024: Deepak goes down fighting on opening day against Nijat of Azerbaijan