Former Aussie pacer Jason Gillespie today denied that he applied for the post of Team India’s head coach.
It was >earlier reported that Gillespie, his compatriot Stuart Law along with former India bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad emailed the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) their applications.
I have not applied. >https://t.co/Hu2sSqJKKC— Jason Gillespie (@YCCCDizzy) >June 9, 2016
Ravi Shastri, who was the team’s director for 18 months, and the national chief selector Sandeep Patil are considered front-runners for the post.
Domestic coaches – Lalchand Rajput, Robin Singh and Vikram Rathour – have also applied for the job.
With the deadline to apply for the high-pressure job set to expire on Friday, the process of processing applications is likely to be finalised today.
- PKL LIVE Score, Tamil Thalaivas vs Dabang Delhi updates: Young Thalaivas takes on Naveen’s Dabang; Gujarat vs Bengaluru at 9 PM; When, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3: Abhinav Choudhary wins rapid fire pistol gold at National Championships
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: Dwarshius double strike put AUS in control vs IND
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 3rd T20I: Issy Wong shines again as England beats India by two wickets to win series 2-1
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC LIVE Updates, ISL 2023-24: LINEUPS OUT, Noah Sadaoui, Adrian Luna start in summit clash