The International Cricket Council on Wednesday announced that the World Test Championship 2023 Final will be hosted by The Oval in June 2023 while the 2025 final will be played at Lord’s.
The two venues in London will succeed Southampton, which hosted the inaugural final between New Zealand and India in 2021. New Zealand emerged as the victors in the first edition.
The top two teams from the World Test Championship standings will make it to the finals with Australia and South Africa currently leading.
Australia and South Africa will also clash against each other in a three-match series in the current cycle in December-January, which could have a big bearing on the final points table.
Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan round up the top five in the rankings.
The next edition’s final will take place at Lord’s in London, an iconic venue, which has hosted several high profile ICC matches, including the epic 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup final.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Pujara falls for 46 as SAU loses 8; Baroda concedes lead to Mumbai
- India vs England, 4th Test Day 3 HIGHLIGHTS: IND 40/0; India needs 152 runs more
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Rohit Sharma completes 4000 runs in Tests
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran