India batter Shubman Gill retired hurt during the World Cup 2023 semifinal against New Zealand at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Wednesday.
FOLLOW LIVE | India vs New Zealand ODI World Cup 2023 Semifinal
Gill was batting on 79 off 65 when he walked off the field due to cramps, bringing his 93-run partnership for the second wicket with Virat Kohli to an end.
However, Gill came back in the 50th over to resume his innings and scored a run off the only ball he got to face, ending with 80 runs off 66 balls.
According to the ICC World Cup 2023 Playing Conditions, “A batter may retire at any time during his innings when the ball is dead. The umpires, before allowing play to proceed, shall be informed of the reason for a batter retiring. If a batter retires because of illness, injury or any other unavoidable cause, that batter is entitled to resume his innings. If for any reason this does not happen, that batter is to be recorded as ‘Retired – not out’. “
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, ICC World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Conway attacks Bumrah early on
- Friendly match between Belgium and Serbia switched from Brussels to Leuven after heavy rain
- IND vs NZ: Shubman Gill retires hurt during World Cup 2023 semifinal
- What is the highest ODI total chased down successfully by New Zealand?
- IND vs NZ, ODI World Cup 2023: Beckham, Sachin witness a Kohli masterclass at star-studded Wankhede