India registered its highest ICC ODI World Cup knockout total, during its semifinal against New Zealand at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Wednesday.
FOLLOW BLOG | INDIA VS NETHERLANDS WORLD CUP 2023 LIVE ACTION
Earlier, India’s 302 against Bangladesh in the 2015 World Cup quarterfinal was the highest total for the men in blue in World Cup knockouts.
India also went past its best total against New Zealand in the World Cups. Its previous best was 274 in this edition at Dharamsala.
India’s total today against the Kiwis is also the highest score by a team in an ODI World Cup knockout match, going past New Zealand’s 393/6 against West Indies in the 2015 edition.
India’s record-breaking innings was powered by hundreds from Virat Kohli -- he became the first batter to score 50 ODI hundreds -- and Shreyas Iyer.
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director