India recorded its second-highest score in a World Cup match during its match against the Netherlands in Bengaluru on Sunday, hitting 410 for four in 50 overs.
FOLLOW LIVE | India vs Netherlands ICC ODI World Cup 2023
It bettered the previous second-best of 373/6 managed during the 1999 World Cup against Sri Lanka. India’s highest score in the quadrennial competition is 413, hit against Bermuda in 2007.
In ODIs, this was the fourth-highest total by the Men in Blue.
Shreyas Iyer and K.L. Rahul struck centuries and combined for a 208-run fourth wicket partnership to lift the team to the mammoth total. Earlier in the innings, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill scored half centuries to get India off to a flying start.
This was also the first time India crossed the 400-run mark in the 2023 World Cup.
- India records its second-highest World Cup total during IND vs NED
- India vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: NED 109/3 (24); Engelbrecht, Edwards continue for NED vs IND in 411 chase
- Rafael Leao out with hamstring injury, say AC Milan
- Shreyas Iyer scores maiden World Cup hundred during IND vs NED
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 full schedule: Download pdf, list of games, venues, dates, match time