KL Rahul recorded the fastest century by an Indian batter in a World Cup, when he reached the milestone in 62 deliveries, against the Netherlands in Bengaluru on Sunday.
FOLLOW LIVE | India vs Netherlands ICC ODI World Cup 2023
He broke the record held by Rohit Sharma who hit a century in 63 deliveries during India’s match against Afghanistan earlier in the 2023 World Cup.
Rahul hit 11 fours and four sixes on his way to a 64-ball 102 which guided India to its second-highest total (410/4) in a World Cup match. This was Rahul’s sixth ODI hundred.
The India No. 5 struck a 208-run partnership with Shreyas Iyer which was a record for highest fourth-wicket partnership in ODI World Cups.
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 303/9, trails by 50 runs; Jurel nears century
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win
- WPL 2024: Revamped Gujarat Giants faces uphill task against buoyant Mumbai Indians