The Netherlands’ Logan van Beek and Sybrand Engelbrecht broke the record for the highest seventh-wicket partnership in ODI World Cups during their side’s match against Sri Lanka at the Ekana Stadium in Lucknow on Saturday.
The Dutch duo broke the record by going past the 116-run partnership made by India’s MS Dhoni and Ravindra Jadeja in the 2019 World Cup semifinal against New Zealand.
Van Beek and Engelbrecht joined hands with their side tottering at 91 for the loss of six wickets. They took their time to settle in, before increasing the momentum with some big hits to record the highest seventh wicket partnership for their country in ODIs.
This is also the Netherlands’ fifth century partnership in the ODI World Cups.
Sri Lanka finally managed to break the stand by removing Engelbrecht, but not before the partnership had reached 130 runs, taking the Netherlands beyond the 200-run mark.
Netherlands, which is coming on the back off a famous victory over South Africa, had won the toss and elected to bat first against Sri Lanka, which is winless in the tournament.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: ENG 302/7; Root century pulls ENG past 300
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin