Team India skipper Virat Kohli, on Thursday, hailed England all-rounder Jofra Archer's performances in the lead up to the World Cup, labeling him the “X factor” for the host side in the big ticket event.
“He (Archer) holds a skill-set that’s very different from anyone else. He can generate a lot of pace, which can be intimidating. You don’t really expect that because of his run-up.
“The way he’s come about in the IPL the last couple of years I’ve seen him, there’s good reason why he was fast-tracked into playing for England in a tournament like the World Cup,” Kohli was quoted as saying by the International Cricket Council (ICC) website.
Archer's whirlwind rise continued when he was named in England's 15-man World Cup squad on Tuesday having appeared in only three one-day internationals.
The 24-year-old, who only made his ODI debut little over a fortnight ago, had told Sky Sports in an interview that "I'd quite like to get Virat Kohli out because I wasn't able to in the IPL."
“Did he say that? I had no idea – that’s news to me," Kohli quipped when asked to comment.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo comes off holding his neck, six minutes added on
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final