Splendid batsmanship and oriental spin, the twin attributes that influenced India’s cricketing history, combined well at the Hampshire Bowl on Wednesday.
The fusion, evident through Rohit Sharma’s unbeaten 122 and leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal’s four for 51, helped Virat Kohli’s men register a six-wicket triumph and start their World Cup campaign on a winning note at South Africa’s expense.
Pursuing the Proteas’ 227 for nine, India finished with 230 for four in 47.3 overs.
Following is an interactive infographic presenting the match facts in a nutshell:
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- I am proud of our spinners’ efforts, says England skipper Ben Stokes
- PKL 10: Patna Pirates defender Krishan Dhull gears up for playoff challenge against Dabang Delhi
- To Sir, with love: Madhya Pradesh repays Chandrakant Pandit’s words of wisdom with exhilarating win against Andhra
- Ranji Trophy 2024: Hanuma Vihari to not play for Andhra, former skipper slams ACA after suffering ‘humiliation’