Former all-rounder Yuvraj Singh believes India has finally found its future number four batsman in Rishabh Pant and said the talented youngster needs to be groomed properly so that he can serve the country for long.
Coming into bat at the crucial number four spot, Pant, who was included in the World Cup squad after opener Shikhar Dhawan was ruled out due to an injury, scored 32 against England and then followed it up with a 41-ball-48 against Bangladesh.
He also scored a 29-ball 32 in India's defeat to England at Edgbaston on Sunday.
“I think finally we have found our no 4 batsman for the future! Let’s groom him properly yeah ! @RishabPant777,” Yuvraj wrote on his twitter handle during India’s World Cup clash against Bangladesh.
Yuvraj, who was Player of the tournament at the 2011 World Cup, announced his retirement from international cricket last month.
- ISL 10 LIVE, Jamshedpur FC vs East Bengal: JFC v EBFC, Manzorro, Cleiton start, Indian Super League updates
- Indian sports wrap, February 22
- IND vs ENG 4th Test Dream11 Prediction: India vs England predicted playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- WL 2024: From Baroda cricket to Women’s Premier League via Goa, Tarannum Pathan on course to living late father’s dream
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Mumbai favourite in David vs Goliath quarterfinal clash against Baroda