South Africa batter Quinton de Kock registered the ninth-highest score by a batter in an ODI World Cup innings during his side’s league match against Bangladesh at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Tuesday.
The left-handed opening batter smashed 174 off 140 balls, hitting 15 fours and seven sixes.
In Pictures - Top 10 highest ODI World Cup scores
De Kock’s knock is also the highest score registered by a wicket-keeper batter in an ODI World Cup innings, going past Australia’s Adam Gilchrist’s 149 scored in the final of the 2007 edition.
The South African’s 174 is also the highest ODI score in an innings by a batter at the Wankhede.
Here are the top 10 highest ODI World Cup scores:
- Pro Kabaddi League LIVE Score, Haryana Steelers 0-0 UP Yoddhas: Jaideep and co. eye top four spot; Gujarat thrashes Bengal 41-32
- MCC Committee recommends at least 3-match Test series, wants hosts to bear visitors’ travel costs
- WTA Mumbai Open: Semenistaja races into semifinals with 6-4, 6-4 win over Kudermetova
- Indian sports news wrap, February 9
- Tilak Varma: Performances with Mumbai Indians did help me in process of being picked for India