Shreyas Iyer scored the third-fastest century by an Indian batter in the ICC ODI World Cup during the CWC 2023 semifinal match against New Zealand on Wednesday at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
FOLLOW BLOG | INDIA VS NETHERLANDS WORLD CUP 2023 LIVE ACTION
His 67-ball hundred propelled India to 397 for four in 50 overs.
He also became the third Indian to complete 500 runs in this edition to reach the feat after Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma.
KL Rahul’s 62-ball century vs Netherlands and Rohit Sharma’s 63-ball hundred against Afghanistan occupies the top two fastest World Cup centuries by Indian batters.
Fastest World Cup hundreds by Indian batters
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Round 3 Day 1: Mumbai 54/3 vs Kerala; Jagadeesan, Sachin stabilise TN vs Railways; Saurashtra 70/1 vs Vidarbha
- PCB issues NOC to four players returning from injury layoffs
- New Zealand’s Conway misses T20 match v Pakistan due to COVID
- Australia to monitor Khawaja after blow to jaw in Adelaide
- Sportstar Sports Conclave Goa 2024: Day-long enriching sessions in store today